Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The 1st Weekend of The Year

Less than a week after I back to UKM, I am going back home again.My late grandpa birthday ceremony!!!! So……

Jan 4th, Friday

Suppose to have 8am class, so wake up early around 7am. Have a bad night and difficulty to sleep last time. Only manage to sleep around 4am. Know why? Is my throat, the phlegm stuck on it. Very hard for me to breath. Plus fever and flu. Gosh!!!! I am sick, yet have to attend the class and go back home today.

Went to class by 8am,but the class cancelled due to the clash between 2 classes. Waste my effort nia. Haigh…. Then went for the 9am class ended 11am. Back room pack up my stuff, by 12pm I finish pack, but still too early, Karen having class till 12.45pm. Surprise? She is following me back to TI. I am actually kind of exited of it. So, I went to Kah Meng to pass my time, till about 12.30pm, I start moving to her vista. Took our lunch, the start going back around 3pm. The road kinda jam on the way to highway, but luckily not jam in the highway. Reached home by 5.30pm. Kinda tired, maybe lack of sleep plus my sickness. Basically that night we do nothing, not even go out. Karen do her project stuff and I watch the TV till I tersleep. LOL. But due to the flu, I didn’t sleep in the room coz the aircond too cold. Just sleep outside.

1 more thing, my house got a lot of mosquitoes thank to drain that stuck.And Karen get bitten by the mosquitoes all over her leg. I didn’t get bitten so teruk coz I kinda immune to it d. LOL! Bie, sorry la. I didn’t expect that you will get bitten so teruk..

Jan 5th, Saturday

Surprise!!! We woke up 7am, it’s so early man. Just for the sake of breakfast. Normally I don’t go for breakfast with my parent coz they wake up kinda early and by the time I wake up is almost noon. Just to show that we are kuai, so we make ourselves awake though we till sleepy. After breakfast, we went to buy heong peah (fragrant biscuit), a kind of famous biscuit in my hometown. Wanna to know how it taste like? Try it yourself!!!

Heong Peah Ingreadient

Sugar

Sesame

Cooking Oil

Onion

Flour

After we came back from town, we stayed at house, going nowhere till the next day. Whole day sleeping coz raining.LOL! Have lunch and dinner at house.

Jan 6th, Sunday

Is the day! My grandpa memorial day! Haigh…. Today have to wake up early like yesterday. Went for breakfast then straight to my grandpa house. Supposedly Karen not following, but my mum told me that my dad already count in Karen for the lunch at my grandpa house. So……hehe…… Once I reach the entrance of the house, Gosh!!! The offering table! Full or offering with the mi ku stacked so high like Christmas tree. LOL!

There were 3 tables connected to place the offering. Gosh!!!

The Front Table

At the center there was small brown clay like cup half filled with uncooked rice for people to put the joss tick. at both side of it was 3 pair of candle with different height and color arrange in sequence. First was the with candle, the shortest candle which represent the children, followed by the blue which represent the grandchildren and red for the relative. The left and right placed 6 bowls of offering and vases of flowers as well. Then you can also see the 18 sticks of candies arranged in 2 rows.

The Second Table

This table you can see the two highly stacked white mi ku with a hand shaped mi ku on the top of it. Then you can also see 24 big green mi ku stacked in 2 rows. And the was actually a plastic tray between the mi ku and the candies for those relative to place their offering on. After the green mi ku, 2 big plate of fried noodle were placed with green candle placed each side,which is the longest candle that represent the male since the ceremony was for my late grandpa. The noodle represent birthday coz in Chinese sang mee is for birthday. Follow by 5 plate of different fruits arranged after the noodle.

The third Table

This table offered 24 set of rice, tea, waters as well spoons and chopsticks for those who deceased. 1st row compose of 12 type of kuih or tim pan. Then followed by 24 type of dishes that arranged in 3 row with 8 dishes in each row.


Outside the house we arranged 8 tables for the lunch and the chef was cooking outside the house too. Wow!!! Which mean 80 people will be coming!!! It compose of 7 dishes just like you have it during wedding dinner just without pai kuat and yu chi coz dishes with the name bone is not allowed.

Basically those who come were my close relative, but some of them are not familiar to me. Especially youngster, which mean I am getting old. LOL!!! Bie, you must feel uncomfortable at my grandpa house with so many people and I moving here and there to get stuff ready, might a bit neglected you. I am sorry if I make you a stranger. Just wanna to tell you that I am really happy that you are there with me and the sacrifices that you made for the past 3 days. But don’t worry because the occasion only happened once.

***Actually I am not that kind that know or follow the tradition stuff, all was set up by my uncle and I do ask him some of the arrangement and the tradition rule for the ceremony. Yet what I know is too little to explain in detail about it.

No comments: