Monday, March 17, 2008

HE DID NOT DESERVE THIS. HE IS INNOCENT!!!!

14th March 2008

Evening about 5.30pm called my mum to inform me that I am going to Kang Soon’s dad funeral ceremony. My mum told me that she was in the Ipoh hospital. Ahkong (grandpa) get robbed at hit by the robber. At first I thought maybe just a normal robbery and only minor injury since he is tall and healthy. So, went to Seremban with bunch of friends, but somehow my mind get distracted will uneasiness feeling but manage to cover it.

About 10 plus, reach my dorm; I immediately call my mum to update ahkong situation. BUT.... my mum answer me in tears that ahkong just PASS AWAY!!!

On no, I have lost another ahkong. Last year was my paternal grandpa and now my maternal grandpa. I was so shocked!!!! My mum asked me to go back tomorrow with my brother, Aaron and take some rest and don’t rush back.

That night I tried to sleep early, but failed, I seem like I didn’t sleep the whole night, probably an hour or 2. By 7.30am I woke up, pack my stuff and pick up my brother about 8.30am and reached home about 11.45am.Once I reached, my mum told me that ahkong body yet to arrive bcoz the police need to do post-mortem due to murder case.

By 2.30pm, we went to my grandma’s house waiting for HIM to reach home. Once we entered the house, I saw grandma is crying. See called me and hugged me and with tears she say in hokkien, “ Momin, ahkong chao liao. E khua be tiuk lu ti si kak bo liao!” meaning “Mervin, grandpa gone d. He can’t see you on your graduation d!( he won’t able to see you wearing 4 edges hat which mean graduation hat)”

Of course my tears eventually dropped from my eyes. I even can’t say a single thing to comfort her coz like her, my heart also in pain.

By 3.30pm HE finally back home. Everyone gathered at the house entrance to welcome HIM. From the moment ahkong’s body reached, every single of the family members in tears, calling “ahkong/ah pa kau chu liao” meaning “ grandpa/father reach home d”

The undertakers took down ahkong’s coffin without cover. On everyone saw his face, cries even worse. Every cry with tears saying “ yuan wang(innocent)”, grandma almost fainted. Ahkong face full of bruises and stitches on top his head. His eyes bruise red in color with his lip turn dark. He was brutally hit by the robber until we almost can recognize him. It’s so horrible. When I saw his face I can’t even believe this is my ahkong. He is really innocent, victim of robbery. He do not deserve such a ending.

Later they put up some make up on him, and put on the coffin cover. Even after the undertaker put make up on him, they still can’t fully cover up those bruises on the face. The bruises on the eyes later turn dark in color.

For the whole day 2 days, I never see grandma eyes without tears. The pain of the heart she experienced just like being stabbed several time in her heart. Image some one who you a staying together with for more than 50 years suddenly varnished. Someone who you eat together, stay together, travel together and sleep next to you every night disappear from your life. How do you feel? This is what my grandma experiencing now. She say “ahkong chao pun bo kau tai. A ne kuan to ki liao” meaning “ ahkong want to go also didn’t give a signal/message. Just go like only”

My heart pain every time I look at ahkong picture and his face in the coffin. He really didn’t deserve it. Even my aunt say “ no you got such a nice photo with such a face” No matter how many time I see his face, I can’t believe that was my grandpa. My heart even more pain whenever tears come out from my grandma when she talk, she will eventually ended up crying.

Last night, I tell Ahmah that I am going back KL tomorrow, due to the last lab and the visit of gardenia factory this Tuesday.Ahmah(grandma) say, study more important, ahkong chao d, can’t do anything d. Ahkong will understand. Before I went back is hugged ahmah and tell her “ ahmah ai u chiak,ai ko hou ka ki. Kiou ahkong pang sim ki” ( Grandma, you must eat, must take care. Ask ahkong go without worry) She say will, and asked me to drive carefully, don’t simply go out, be careful.

I am back UKM, starting journey by 9.30am. While driving, kind of over speed. My mind some how flash back the past, the moment when ahkong ride me to chung chen, give me some pocket money before class. I even remembered what he and my greatgrandmother said during their prayer. Po pi wa eh soon/kana soon pin an bo shu, tak chek gao gao”- “ protect my grandchildren/greatgrandchildren(which is me when I was your, since I am their eldest grandchildren) safe without any problem. May he excel in his study” That what they prayed everyday in front of the gods statue when I was young. While driving, tears dropped from my eyes, reflecting the care and love they had for me.

AHKONG I LOVE YOU!!!

*ps: you can ready the news I get from nst, the star, Nanyang, Sin Chew, and China Press on 16th March 2008(Sunday)

China Press news paper

Nanyang (Perak state edition) news paper

from Sin Chew news paper.

The Star news paper

New Strait Times

2 comments:

acura said...

My deepest condolences to you & your family
May you have the strength to overcome this difficult period

Alvin Teoh said...

In life, one can never know what will happen in the next second. This is just the way life is. Full of suprises, of both bad and good. I understand how u feel now bro, as i've gone through the same thing once. my condolences to you and ur family. And just in case if you need me, don't hesitate to call, my kayalna mitra.