Saturday, January 17, 2009

Comment!

Comment! Comment! and Comment!
As a human we always judge! Or so call "view"
We judge about people, thing, issue, political, family, or even individual!

No deny that I am also giving out my view, my thought, and my expression especially in my blog.
Here is the place, the space for me to voice out my unspoken thought.

Well, recently i had been given comments about my blog. Some say it's nonsense some even ask why i hate a community. Of course he is not in my shoe,and for sure he won't even understand what I am thinking. Or maybe i am not good in expressing my view. No doubt i am always weak when come to the language part. Regardless what languages. English, Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese or even the language i am learning now, German, all sucks. I guess maybe because of that, different people give different views on my blog.

I remembered when i was in the incovar camp and been given a Dhamma talk be Ven. Mahinda. He gave us a simple example by showing us the mug in front of him, and then he ask, "What have you all seen?" As the result, different people gave different views. The most significant where there were people saw the mug with a handle and some didn't see it. Then Ven. ask us, " So which answer do you think is correct?" At that moment, everyone silent up none can answer the question. And Ven continue, " All of your answers are correct, is the matter on which angle you are looking on the mug. " With his saying, I am enlighten a little. I understood that in life there are always problems. It's the matter on how you look on your own problems. Though it's hard to practice, but sometime it really helps.

As an university student, we do always give comments regarding the university administration, the studies, the facilities and not to be forgotten, our lecturer. Sometime the comments even turned up to be complaints. We always complained that our lecturer sucks, the lectures were boring, this and that. In certain context, i do agree with them, as nothing is perfect but not all lecturers are in that category. As a human being, we tend to point our finger on others, and put the blame on others, BUT we have forgotten our responsibility as a student, a child and most important is ourselves. Because of those reasons, students particularly from my own race are making noise in almost every lecture. Keep on talking, keep to chit-chatting and sometime their voices are quit loud. You know, when Chinese talk, as if we were quarreling. Well, i was once one of them, those who pointing the finger. But somehow, i realized that even though the lecturers are not good enough doesn't mean that i can start making noise and start ignoring the class. As a student i have the responsibility to be attentive, to keep my mouth shut and listen what the lecturer lectures. Here what the dhamma take part, i remembered a saying, " In this world, you can't change anyone except you yourself" And that is what i am trying to practice.

Then come the question that "why you hate the Chinese".I am not going to explain it but rather express out my thought.Well, I don't hate my own race, but you can say that i am disappointed with them. I am disappointed with their egoism and selfishness. People always praise them for their hard work, their effort and their thousand years' culture, but that are parts that built up the illusion,hatred and greed. I remember when i was secondary school, our former prime minister published a book entitle " Melayu Mudah Lupa" which mean Malay easy to forget. Many people criticise him for that book, but for me that was his wake up call for his race, and his future generation. This wake up call is not only meant for a certain race only, but it serves for the entire nation or even to the entire human being. As a student, we tend to forget what the main purpose of attending the lectures, and we even forget our goal, our mission, and even our future.

In the end, it was just a piece of thought! A view!

Nothing more!

3 comments:

Wai Ngeok Kuan said...

Reasonable and acceptable.

Cath said...

helloss.. am linking to my blog!. thk blog is better to keep in touch than facebook.. too many strangers!! haha :)

Teea Wai Onn said...

Well, i do agree at certain part that you point out. It is true that everyone just want to blame on others for their own benefit and the only person that need to change is our own, in order to suit the environment.

take care dude.