Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Impermanence!

Time changes everything! Impermanence!

From the 1st day i stepped my leg on Germany until today many thing changed.
From autumn with 17 degree Celsius to winter with -4 degree Celsius. And now with a little snow.

Back then i was a pathetic jerk who keep looking back. Living the the world of past. Thinking how wonderful the 'world' back in the home country. Keep complaining! Refuse to move on.

But as time passed. I grew up. I know that I must move on. Keep looking forward. Take those sweet as memories and bitter as lessons to learn.

It has been 2 and half months. But my progression is rather slow. Everything is behind the schedule. I need to start running now. Else, i will miss out even more.

As the same time, i start to open myself to this new life, new world. Opening myself to people i not even meet before. Let myself know more about the life here. Get to know people here. I was once told that, "It's hard to have German friends." Well, until now the fact is still true to me. But, it does not imply to each and every German here.

Last night i had an outing with A and B. Someone i just know. Somehow thing turn to be smooth and we had a great chat and conversation. Though those 2 are a bit far away from my place, but at least i make my first move by meeting them. Really looking forward for another outing. I don't really mind going to karaoke here in Germany though i can't sing. LOL! Coz A is just like me, can't sing either. We just sang out loud without caring that we were out of tune. Surprisingly B sang so well.

The Persistence of Memory by Dali

Guess this was the drawing A and B talking about. When they are trying to interpret the message behind this drawing! I got no idea about this picture when they were talking about that. They told me that i was a picture with melting clock and the cemetery. And i even made a joke that the picture is telling us that "when the time come, everyone have to die" LOL!

Hmm.... guess this picture has some relation about my title!



6 comments:

It's About Food said...

ya.. gambatte, mervin-san.
i was once told by a friend that v ourselves hv to make d 1st step to find friends.

Gratitude said...

Hey, thanks for linking me. :)

Yup, i find Germans a lil too stoic in attitude too, until you have a few beers with them. hahaha

Hope all is well with you there. Stay well ya ^_^
+Ant+

-GiNo- said...

germany interesting

Mervin said...

Chee hou: yes! i will. Since the moment you left me after form 6, i lost a partner for DOTA, and then i started to find more kaki. LOL!

Gratitude: Welcome. You blog is rather interesting on the way you spreading Dhamma. And i was surprise that your blog link to Willy. LOL!

Gino: Hmm... i not sure if i know you. hehe... sometime due to absentminded. But, it's true that Germany i an interesting place.

Gratitude said...

Wow! you must have really checked out my many posts. Thanks.
+Ant+
p/s ...Willy has been reading my blog since I first re-started blogging. He has been gracious. No discrimination from my part! :)

Mervin said...

hmm... Mr Ant,

I just read a few of your blog. Hehe..
You know, sometime, when you are lost, and you need some inspiration and ur blog serve well.