Saturday, May 9, 2009

Internship's Diary - Day 20 (Wesak Day)

Happy Wesak!

Today is Wesak day, a day that celebrate the birth, death and enlightenment of Buddha. I was a public holiday, yet every staff in SK were compulsory to work due to the stock check. This stock check was just another suffering day, working in the holiday mood. And we need to cramp in the stock to calculate the amount of stock. Can you imagine 20 people stucked in a tiny store with any aircond. It was so hot and stuffy. I don't really have the mood on it. I purposely finish my lunch earlier and continue to do the stock check so that i can finish it earlier and can get back faster. And my group was actually finished the job by 2.30pm. I thought i can get back, but we were not allowed to do so, This worsen when i actually asked assist the other for check up. Again, we were given another 3 racks to check. Sigh....

I tried not to speak any impolite word to respect the Wesak Day. But i never thought that i would be so hard for me. LOL! Coz i used to that bad habit. Went to Brickfield and reached around 7.10pm. Daniel told me that the possession start at 7pm. I rushed to Mahavihara Temple, but the possession had begun. I called Daniel to meet him. Guess what, he was more than 1 km in front me. I had to run all the way to catch them with just a pair slipper. I didn't expect for possession, i just thought of going around the temple and do some simple puja then get home, but.....
As the consequences, i got cuts on both of my legs and toes. Sigh.... so cham!!! Overall the possession was very interesting, we were at the front of it. There we once, when we slowed down our walk, and the minister (Koh Su Khoon) was just 1 meter behind us, and we walk as if he is transparent, until his bodyguard block us away from him. Damn, the body guard was so rude. I wanna to blog more about this 10km possession, but now is already 1am. And need to work tomorrow So...... good night!

No comments: