Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Internship's Diary-Day 1 ( April 13, 2009)

Gosh! I was unable to go online for the past few days. Shit! This was the first time in this year i left out of internet connection more than 4 days. Damn suffering. By the way, this week is the exam week for some Uni and some having their study week now. Wish you guys good luck.(no wonder i got so little visitor these days. LOL!) Forget about the craps, i am gonna continue with my 1st day internship which i suppose to blog out yesterday. But,....... you imagine, i am in the heart of Malaysia,KL, but can't online. Damn it! I was awake at 5am last night and start typing my blog using Microsoft word

I am currently staying at my uncle’s house at Puchong Prima. It’s just 10 minutes distance from my working place, provided there is no traffic jam in that area. LOL!

For the first day, I woke up around 6.30am. I didn’t really have I good sleep, the bed is the sinking type bed. It will just sink as you sleep on it. Guess it was made of soft spans, causing my back a bit of pain.

I got myself out to work around 7.50am and reached the SK, TM at 8.00am sharp. Gosh, I still have half- an hour to wait. I didn’t expect the road can be so smooth, and the traffic green all along the way. I was damn lucky.



Firstly, I went to the training department at meet my contact person, Mr. Az, and then he briefly showed me the area around the TM’s buildings and brought me to SK, meeting the General Manager, Ms JK. She gave me a bright smile once I entered her room, and with that, all wipe negative thought, and nervousness been wiped out. You know, my first time training. LOL!

She basically explained me about the company, and the structure of the company. After a short conversation, she introduced me to the department managers, all of them were very friendly, and everyone just gave you a smile when they pass through you. At the moment, I was placed under Products and Services Department which under Mr Is, an engineer and I was assigned to follow JJ, as an engineer which just a year younger than me. LOL! I was told that, there is not much engineering skill practiced here. No design, no manufacturing, nothing which I interested in. It’s only about marketing, maintenance( I don’t like this), ect….

This is the things SK sell and service. Later i gonna service it one by one.LOL!

I was told that I might need to travel around and stay outstation for few days. I might need to take plane to here and there. LOL! Good! I can travel around then.

Basically, on the morning session, I didn’t do much thing, just a little bit of this and that. Cut the crap, it was 1pm. Lunch time! Well, me new colleagues asked me to join them for lunch at the cafeteria, and I did join them. The cafeteria food was damn expensive, it cost me RM5 for a simple lunch. Damn it!

After work. Though my hair still short, but it's better than bald.LOL!

When we sit together on the table for meal, conversation started, not the gossiping stage yet or maybe becoz I was there. LOL! One of the colleague, young lady, around 2os, other department (I forgotten her name.LOL!)

YL: You know where he (referring to me) entered the office this morning, what come to my thought?

Others: What?

YL: I thought he is our new boss.

Others: LOL!

Me: Do I look like new manager?

YL: Becoz our department manager position is currently empty. I thought we are lucky to have him as our new boss. At least not the old, not handsome and unfriendly manager.

Is this how a manager should look like?

Now I know, I actually have a manager look. Young elegant manager.LOL!

After the lunch, I continued my work. I was actually learning to calculate the laboring costs and the mileage cost. The calculation of laboring costs weren’t easy at all, it involve of hours, number of people, and what type of component to be serviced. Each component has it own a working hour ( it’s kinda complicated to explain). The worst part is that you need to know where each of the components located and those to disassemble it. Some components involve are the internal part, thus we need to calculate the labour cost of the external part as well.

Next was the mileage cost, where we need to calculate the transportation cost. This part is actually much simpler where we just need to find the distance of the location from the nearest branch. I went back by 6.00pm, meaning that I was half an hour OT without pay. LOL!

Overall, i did learn something today and get to know a lot of new colleagues. Hopefully i will continue such day for the next 19 weeks.

Another camwhore pic.LOL! Thanks to the gay hairstylist( i suppose he is) LOL!
If not, i won't post any picture of mine here.

3 comments:

said...

gosh!!!do u reli think u hav a manager look???my godness...
then i shud look lik an air stewardess...haha
reli hav to thank ur hair stylish..better marry him...

-wen-

Mervin said...

haha, people say 1 la. I din ss k.
Marry him? LOL! Can also. But i scare i will crush many girls heart. LOL! Btw, the hairstylist also not bad 1(look). Shit! Again hurt the chicks d. LOL!

Teo Chee Seong said...

LOL!!!! manager look!!

although im so late here.. i still drop u a comment la..